Austin divorce attorney Janet McCullar of McCullar Gilbreath is the author of a new article that was recently published on Divorcemag.com. The article, entitled “Five Reasons to Hire a Divorce Attorney,” discusses why it is absolutely necessary to hire an experienced divorce attorney if your divorce or custody case is headed to court.
Here’s why it is a wise decision to hire an attorney to represent you during a divorce:
◦ Divorce attorneys are familiar with the divorce process and how to handle this specific type of case. They know what kind of outcome to expect and how to negotiate for the best results possible for their client. Experience is a big part of achieving success in court.
◦ Attorneys network with professionals who can serve as expert witnesses in divorce cases. Without the help of an attorney, it can be very difficult to find and hire a qualified expert witness to support your case.
◦ Attorneys understand complex divorce laws. The law is complicated, especially when it comes to divorce, so working with an attorney is a must. Even one simple paperwork error could delay or even cost you your case, so make sure you have someone on your side who can ensure that everything is submitted completely and correctly.
◦ Attorneys are a neutral third party. Divorce is an emotional process, and it can be difficult to make sound decisions when emotions get in the way. An attorney is able to provide support and help you make decisions without being emotionally involved.
Attorneys know how to challenge and/or suppress evidence. Without an attorney, you run the risk of having evidence improperly used against you. Having qualified legal representation can protect you against this situation.
Latest posts by Timothy Hutton (see all)
- The Rights and Duties of Texas Parents - May 19, 2019
- Shared Parenting after a Divorce - May 6, 2019
- CPS Parent Resource Guide Part 13: Special Topics - May 6, 2019
- How to Change Your Name after Your Divorce in Texas - May 2, 2019
- Why You Should Hire a Divorce Attorney - April 22, 2019